What Kind Of Jewelry Do I Pack For A Business Trip?

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to Charlotte Scott's Custom Jewelers will go!

Scott and I are getting ready for a weekend away. We'll (hopefully) see the sun, eat great food, and peruse booths filled with beautiful, custom JEWELRY!

I know, rough life.

But, as many of you already know, business trips aren't as glamorous as they sound. Sure, the location is wonderful. Heck, just seeing grass instead of snow and ice is a plus in January! But when Scott and I go to jewelry trade shows, we Work.

Which brings up the age-old dilemma: What kinds of jewelry should you pack (and how to pack it), for a business trip? Scott's Custom Jewelers has you covered.

The right accessories can help you create more outfits with fewer clothes. And let's face it, woman live in mix-and-match black. So your jewelry choices can help you personalize your look and take up next to no space in your luggage.

Here's some of my fail-safe tips on jewelry choices for business travel.
  • Skip the fussy pieces. Stiff collars-style necklaces can get damaged in your suitcases. Same with ornate bib necklaces. They tend to tangle. Instead, go for a few statement pendants that can morph from a casual vibe when worn with a leather cord, to OH WOW! when worn on a fancier chain.
My go-to pieces. My custom loose diamond pendant in white gold and my yellow gold diamond mother's pendant are my favorites. I also pack a white gold chain and a long, diamond station chain in yellow gold. These four pieces can dress me for a week!


  • Next, grab some studs. And I mean the jewelry kind! Stud earrings are a great way to make an outfit look finished but not fussy, which is exactly what you wear to meetings. I love to bring pearl studs in the summer, because they look amazing against tan skin. But of course, diamonds go with everything!


Diamond stud earrings are the mullet of jewelry - business during the day, party at night!

  • Don't forget your dangle earrings! I usually pack a few fun, funky pieces in sterling silver. If the business trip includes cocktail hours, a sparkly pair of hoops is also a must.
These sterling silver hammered earrings pack easily, look fantastic and go with everything.

  • A sure fire way to change up an outfit is an armful of bracelets. Pile them on, and your little black dress is complete. Wear just a single bracelet for meetings so the clacking isn't distracting. And here's the great thing about jewelry fashion:  You can mix your costume jewelry with your "real" bracelets. The more the merrier!
I always take my custom diamond bangle, my yellow gold charm bracelet and a fun John Mederios piece. And yes, those are sparkle bracelets. They all work.

  • What about rings? In addition to my amazing custom wedding ring  (thank you hubby), I always pack a few others. For sure, I take my sterling silver hammered ring. It's looks great for casual affairs. And colored gemstone rings can be just the pop of color that brings your outfits together.
My custom madeira citrine and diamond ring is my statement piece. And the yellow sapphire and diamond swirl ring looks great with both yellow and white gold.

  • Now - how to pack it all up. I don't use a fancy shmancy travel jewelry case. Yes, that's a Crown Royal bag. No judgment. Instead, I use small baggies (I'll give you some - ask me next time you're in the store) and pack them up individually. The bags protect the jewelry from scratches. For extra protection, I stick the Crown Royal bag in my shoe.
Save those baggies from jewelry repairs! They're perfect for packing up your jewelry.

I always say, the right jewelry can make your outfit. And they always fit!
 
























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Wedding Ring Should Tell A Story!

Top Wedding Ring Trends for 2017

The 80s Called - They Want Their Diamond Tennis Bracelets Back!